ABOUT REGENT GROUP:
Regent Group is an educational group based in north-west London. Established in 2000 it is committed to delivering education with a long-term benefit for each learner, providing them with an enriching experience and preparing them for career success.
It provides quality education from GCSE classes, to private tuition, childcare, supplementary education services, Higher National Diplomas, English language courses, executive training programmes, educational consultancy and more – via its nurseries, schools, colleges, learning centres and leadership academies.
JOB TITLE: Caretaker
SALARY: £16,000 per annum
CONTRACT TYPE Permanent
CONTRACT HOURS: 33 hours per week
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Thursday: 8am – 4pm
Friday: 8am – 2pm
Monday – Thursday: 1:30pm – 9:30pm
Friday: 1:30pm – 7:30pm
START DATE: ASAP
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITY: No
RESPONSIIBLE TO: Operation Manager
OUTLINE OF POST:
Regent Group is looking to recruit a Site Assistant/Caretaker to maintain a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all students, staff, contractors and visitors on site whilst maintaining an awareness of all applicable H & S safety standards and relevant legislation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carry out security procedures for the college building including checking students ID and maintaining the visitors register.
- Ensure only authorised personnel gain access to the building.
- Take appropriate and reasonable action to prevent unauthorised access to the college.
- Undertake routine and non-routine opening and closing of college premises.
- Ensure only authorised staff access and use the carpark.
- Work alongside the Operation Manager to ensure that regulations regarding Health & safety at work are adhered to.
- Conduct weekly checks of the fire alarm.
- Conduct weekly checks of the emergency lighting system.
- Carry out regular checks of the site and ensure the removal and safe disposal of dangerous or hazardous items or materials.
- Ensure site cleaning equipment is maintained and in good working condition.
- Carry out minor or temporary maintenance and repairs as required.
- Ensure all equipment required to perform minor works is maintained to a good standard.
- Maintain an accurate record of all maintenance works performed and liaise with the Operation Manager to ensure all jobs that require external contractors are addressed in a timely manner.
- Direct contractors to the sites of repair and/or maintenance and be responsible for them for the duration of their visit.
- Ensure all paths, steps and entrance ways areas are free of litter, leaves and debris.
- Receive deliveries of stock, materials etc. ensuring appropriate storage or onward delivery to the relevant department.
- Assist with moving equipment, resources and furniture as required i.e. tables, chairs and other light weight resources.
- Complete first aid training if not already qualified.
- Participate in the college’s appraisal process.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as instructed by your line manager.
All staff are expected to show flexibility in the execution and reviewing of responsibilities in order to meet the college’s needs which may change as the College develops. Any such changes will, in the first instance, be made in consultation with the post holder.
All successful applicants will be required to provide the details of two professional referees one of whom must be your most recent employer.
Please note that the responsibilities detailed above may be carried out in any of the College's locations.
The College has developed the use of selection criteria to aid objective recruitment, in line with its Equality and Diversity Policy Statement. Candidates must address each of the essential criteria listed below in the supporting statement that accompanies their application form.
- Awareness of COSHH regulations
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of site security and safety including use of intruder and fire alarms.
- Numeracy & literacy skills with an ability to keep accurate records.
- Knowledge of H & S legislation including good practice in relation to caretaking, hygiene and cleaning.
- Previous site security experience.
- Awareness and understanding of working in an educational environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Tact and diplomacy in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Ability to undertake all of the physical aspects of the job.
- Ability to undertake minor repair and maintenance jobs.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective time management.
*You must already have the right to work in the UK or EU and be able to provide documentary evidence of your Right to Remain or Visa in proof of this.
*You must be willing to apply or provide an enhanced DBS.
“Regent Group is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships."