We are currently recruiting full and part time lecturers to teach on a range of courses within a programme area and contribute towards enabling the successful achievement of enrolled learners.
To carry out all associated duties in line with the College strategic priorities and The Role of the Professional Lecturer Document.
In addition, Lecturers have a responsibility to carry out activities that develop his/her scholarly research and/or professional expertise relevant to the their profession or subject discipline.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- To implement curriculum and course development within the area of work.
- To develop schemes of work and learning materials in line with course aims, objectives, mode of assessment and accreditation.
- To contribute effectively to teamwork and ensure learners are assessed in accordance with the relevant awarding bodies.
- Keep-up-to-date with developments (technological and pedagogical) in e learning and ILT and develop the use of VLE and other E-Learning Systems that engage learning.
- To take part in enrolment and induction programmes.
- To act as a Personal Tutor for taught units. To meet students regularly on an individual basis to discuss academic progress and to support students in their choice of progression routes. To deal with those students who are not performing to required standards in line with College procedures.
- To keep accurate and updated unit and student records, including registers, reports, including student assessment and achievement records.
- To provide accurate course and student information as required by the College.
- To be aware of the principles of safeguarding children and young people as they apply to the role with the College. Actively promote and implement the College’s Safeguarding, well-being and PREVENT Policies.
- To be involved in College staff development and training schemes and participate in Personal Development Review procedures within the College.
Additional duties to be undertaken by lecturers
All Staff should be allocated one duty from the list below. This list reflects responsibilities needed within the college, but it is not exhaustive and will be reviewed regularly. The allocation of the duties to staff will be reviewed annually.
- Mentoring new/inexperienced staff
- Co-ordination of project/course administration
The work may be carried out in the post described in any of the College's centres.
The College has developed the use of selection criteria to aid objective recruitment, in line with its Equality and Diversity Policy Statement. Candidates must address each of the essential criteria listed below in the supporting statement that accompanies their application form.
- Degree level 7 qualified in the relevant subject area.
- Teaching qualification, e.g. PGCHE. Candidates who do not have this qualification will, as a condition of employment, be required to obtain a teaching qualification, at level 7, within 2 years of the appointment date.
- Teachers of English (ESOL/Literacy) and Mathematics – hold or be willing to work towards an ADTLLS/DTLLS or equivalent qualification in the subject.
Experience and Knowledge
- Successful experience of designing and delivering learning in relevant teaching/vocational areas.
- Successful teaching/training experience within the specified curriculum area.
- Demonstrable knowledge of incorporating Equality and Diversity within the curriculum.
Relevant and recent industry experience
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to deliver excellence in teaching and learning.
- Ability to embed English, Mathematics, and ICT support in vocational classes.
- Ability to relate to and motivate students from a variety of backgrounds and ages, and to employ effective teaching strategies.
- IT Skills – use of Microsoft packages, interactive white boards, share point, moodle or equivalent.
- Full Time Salary of £32,500
- Part Time Maximum of 14 hours Salary of up to £30 per Hour
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in North West London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Regent Group is building a 21st century education model for future world learners. Our vision is to become a leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of our students and the communities in which they live and work. We pride ourselves on finding the right course for our learners at our own institutions or with an increasingly wide range of partner institutions across the globe.